Breaking News

banner image

Column Right

Over 50 Killed In Boko Haram Attack On NNPC Workers In Borno

Multiple sources told AFP on Thursday, that more than 50 people were killed in a Boko Haram ambush on an oil exploration team in northeast Nigeria earlier this week.
Tuesday’s attack in the Magumeri area of Borno state on a convoy of specialists from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was the Islamist militants’ deadliest in months.

Details of the ambush, which was initially thought to be a kidnapping attempt, have been slow to emerge and an exact death toll difficult to establish, as the military strictly controls access to rural Borno.

The army said on Wednesday that 10 people were killed in the attack.

But one source involved in dealing with the aftermath told AFP on Thursday: “The death toll keeps mounting. Now we have more than 50… and more bodies are coming in.

“It’s clear that the attack wasn’t for abduction. They (Boko Haram) attacked just to kill.”
Over 50 Killed In Boko Haram Attack On NNPC Workers In Borno Over 50 Killed In Boko Haram Attack On NNPC Workers In Borno  Reviewed by Get it Right Nigerians on 06:43:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Take advantage of our blog traffic and promote your product to millions of viewers.

For advert placements and other Enquiries, kindly send us a mail at getitrightnigerians@gmail.com or call 08025707646, 07031338542

Visit the Play stores to Download our mobile app and stay up -to-date.

Home Ads

Powered by Blogger.